Wet and windy weather has caused the cancellation of the first day of Summer Fest ’19 in Downtown Utica. While Thursday’s schedule has been called off, the full Friday activities are still scheduled. That includes the featured group performing in the open air, free festival, Rare Earth, who are scheduled to play Friday night.
Road closures and traffic reroutes remain in effect for Thursday, despite the cancellation of activities. Those closings and detours are:
- Genesee St. will be blocked from Elizabeth St. / Columbia St. to Blandina St. / Washington Lane (entrance to the Delta Hotel).
- Elizabeth St. and Columbia St. will remain open.
- Washington Lane (entrance to the Delta Hotel) will remain open.
- Southbound traffic on Genesee St. will be diverted west onto Columbia St. or east onto Elizabeth St.
- Northbound traffic on Genesee St. will be diverted onto Washington Lane.
- Deveraux St. will be blocked from Genesee St. to the NYS Office Building
- Blandina St. will be blocked from Genesee St. to the NYS Office Building