COLUMBIA, N.Y. (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY-TV)– On February 18th, 2021, New York State Troopers conducted a vehicle and traffic stop on Elizabethtown Road in the Town of Columbia. During that traffic stop the operator of the vehicle Justin P. Murray, age 30, from Whitesboro, NY was found to be in possession of a large assortment of illegal contraband.
This list of items included a loaded semi-automatic 9mm “Ghost Gun” with a 17 round capacity magazine, approximately 2 pounds of marijuana, a quantity of cocaine, several drug paraphernalia items, and an undisclosed amount of money.
Murray was charged with the following:
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd degree – Loaded Firearm (C-Felony)
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd degree (D-Felony)
- Criminal Possession of Marijuana 2nd degree (D-Felony)
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th degree (A-Misdemeanor),
- Three counts of Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia 2nd degree (A-Misdemeanor).
Murray was arraigned at the Herkimer County Virtual Arraignment with a bail of $20,000 cash or $40,000 bond. Murray was then transported to the Herkimer County Jail and is now waiting to appear in the Town of Columbia Court.