ONEIDA COUNTY, N.Y. (WUTR-TV) —- County Executive Anthony Picente has declared a State of Emergency in Oneida County and is closing all public schools, including Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES due to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
“While there is still currently no confirmed case of COVID-19 in Oneida County, we’re taking every measure available to ensure the health and safety of our residents. Since the onset of this threat, we have partnered with federal, state and local officials to prepare, evaluate and respond to this continually evolving public health emergency. We believe this strong action is necessary and will enhance our ability effectively fight this unprecedented situation.” – Anthony Picente, Oneida County Executive
The following school districts in Oneida-Madison BOCES will be closed:
- Clinton Central School District
- Holland Patent Central School District
- New York Mills Union Free School District
- Oriskany Central School District
- Remsen Central School District
- Sauquoit Valley Central School
- Utica City School District
- Waterville Central School District
- Westmoreland Central School District
- Whitesboro Central School District
All 12 month employees, all secretaries, central office administration, building principals and assistant principals will continue to work throughout the closure.
All public schools in Oneida County will be closed beginning Monday March 16th and are scheduled to reopen on Tuesday April 14th. The State of Emergency will remain in place until further notice.