ONEONTA, NY (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY) – Otsego County Police arrested an Oneonta man after he caused an accident in the town of Laurens.
Police say that 35-year-old Rex Jordan of Oneonta was driving at a high rate of speed on State Highway 205 in the town of Laurens. After failing to comply with a traffic stop, Jordan was involved in an accident. He was transported to Bassett Hospital soon after. An investigation into the accident found that Jordan not only found that he was driving drunk, but that the car was also stolen.
Jordan was released from the hospital prior to the charges bring filed. He was arrested in the City of Oneonta soon after on unrelated charges. He was turned over to the Otsego County Sheriff’s Office to face arraignment.
From the incident, Jordan is being charged with:
- Fourth-degree Criminal Possession of Stolen Property, a felony,
- Seventh-degree Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, a misdemeanor,
- Driving While Intoxicated,
- Third-degree Unlawful Fleeing In a Motor Vehicle, a misdemeanor,
- First-degree Aggravated Unlicensed Operation,
- Reckless driving, and numerous other traffic violations.
Jordan is currently in the Otsego County Correctional Facility awaiting arraignment. Further charges stemming from the incident are pending.