UTICA, NY (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY) – The Oneida County Public Health Department announced on Thursday, March 16 that they will hold five rabies clinics for the rest of the year.
New York State Public Health laws require dogs, cats and ferrets to be vaccinated by four months old. Dogs and cats need another vaccination at one year old, then a booster every three years after that. Ferrets must be boosted every year.
The clinics will take place on the following dates:
- Thursday, April 27 at the Town of Trenton Offices
- Monday, June 12 at the Highway Garage in the town of Annsville
- Monday, July 24 at the Vienna Town Garage
- Monday, August 21 at the Kennedy Arena in Rome
- Thursday, October 19 at the Town of Trenton Offices
All clinics will run from 5 pm to 6:30 pm, except for the two at the Town of Trenton Offices, which will run from 5:30 pm to 7 pm. If you wish to make an appointment, you are asked to call 315-798-5064 or schedule one online at ocgov.net/rabies.
A $10 donation per pet is requested. Dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in a carrier or laundry basket.