HERKIMER, N.Y. (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY) – The Herkimer Police Department is reporting that a man has been arrested for allegedly having sexual contact with an underage girl.
The HPD began a long investigation into 50-year-old David Balderston from Herkimer, after receiving reports that he allegedly forced a 13-year-old girl to have intercourse and perform other sexual acts with him over the course of several years.
The investigation is still on-going and additional charges may be handed down in the future, but at this time Balderston has been arrested and charged with the following:
- Two counts of Predatory Sexual Assault against a Child (Class A Felony)
- Rape in the First Degree (Class B Felony)
- Criminal Sexual Act in the First Degree (Class B Felony)
- Two counts of Sexual Abuse in the First Degree (Class D Felony)
- Two counts of Sexual Misconduct (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Forcible Touching (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Three counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child (Class A Misdemeanor)
Balderston has been arraigned and is currently being held at the Herkimer County Correctional Facility without bail.