HERKIMER, NY (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY) – The Herkimer County Sheriff’s Office Welfare Fraud Unit arrested a Dolgeville woman over accepting benefits that were not hers.
Herkimer County Sheriffs arrested 29-year-old Kayla Combs of Dolgeville on a number of charges, including Grand Larceny and Welfare Fraud. Over almost two years, Combs was fraudulently receiving over $5,000 in benefits she was not entitled to.
Combs was charged with the following:
- Third-degree and fourth-degree Grand Larceny, both felonies,
- Third-degree and fourth-degree Welfare Fraud, both felonies,
- First-degree Offering a False Instrument for Filing, a felony,
- Fifth-degree Welfare Fraud, a misdemeanor, and
- Petit Larceny, a misdemeanor.
Combs was arraigned in the City of Little Falls Court and released on her own recognizance. She is scheduled to appear again in the City of Little Falls Court at a later date.