Official Rules John Mellencamp Ticket Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
This contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law. This contest is subject to all local, state and federal laws. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and not subject to appeal.
1. Eligibility: Open to legal U.S. residents of WFXV/WPNY/WUTR’s viewing area who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Current and former employees of the Stations WFXV/WPNY/WUTR, Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc., Mission Broadcasting, Inc., AEG Media, any other television, radio stations or multichannel video programming distributors, or any official contest/promotion participants, their agencies, subsidiaries, representatives, and the immediate family members (mother, father, siblings, grandparents) and others domiciled at the same address of all the foregoing are ineligible to participate.
WFXV/WPNY/WUTR reserves the right to exclude entries. If any entry rule is violated, all entries from that person, phone number, e-mail address, or IP address will be null and void for the entire contest. Contestants are eligible to win a WFXV/WPNY/WUTR contest/sweepstakes only once within any sixty-day (60) period. Only one prize will be awarded per family and/or household. If any prize is valued at $600 or more, the winner will not be eligible to win any other prize for a period of six-months.
2. Contest Period: Contest begins at 12:01 PM EST Monday, September 26, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM EST Sunday, October 2, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
3. How To Enter: Beginning on Monday, September 26, 2016 at 12:01 PM EST and ending on Sunday, October 2 at 11:59 PM EST, entrants must log on to CNYhomepage.com contest page and click on the John Mellencamp Ticket Giveaway contest link. Entrants must enter ALL contact information on the John Mellencamp Ticket Giveaway Contest Form to enter. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
One entry per person is allowed
Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost and/or incomplete entries, telephone, network, electronic or computer failures of any kind, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late, damaged or ineligible. Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize.
Entries generated by robots, scripts, or other automated means are considered to be direct violations of these rules, and will result in immediate disqualification of any and all associated entries. Sponsors reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found tampering with an entry process, including and without limitation the submission of multiple registrations, game entries, the use of fake or duplicate identities by a single user, or use of spam or other improper techniques. In the event any contest is compromised in any way, electronically or otherwise, that is beyond the control of Sponsors, Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the contest and award the remaining prize(s) among entries received prior to the date of the termination. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at www.cnyhomepage.com. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received.
4. Selection of Winner: Five winners will be randomly chosen on Monday, October 3, 2016, at approximately 10AM from all eligible entries received.
5. Prizes: The winners will receive 2 tickets to John Mellencamp at the Stanley Theatre in Utica on October 12. (Prize Value: $93.30). The winner will have only 7 days to claim their prize.
6. Notification: The winner will be notified immediately following the random drawing by telephone and/or e-mail. The name of the winner will also be posted online.
All prizes must be claimed within seven (7) days of winning or no later than October 10 at 5 PM EST. WFXV/WPNY/WUTR will not notify the winner of the time remaining to pick up their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty days provided. Failure to respond to the Stations’ communications for any reason whatsoever within thirty days will result in forfeiture of the prize. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. In the event that the winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claims to that prize. Entrants who forfeit a prize are not eligible to win any contest or sweepstakes conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days. WFXV/WPNY/WUTR may, but is not required, to give away any unclaimed prizes at the end of the thirty day period.
Winners will be required to pick-up their prize in person during normal business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:30AM until 5:30PM) at the WFXV/WPNY/WUTR studios located at 5956 Smith Hill Road, Utica, New York. The winner must provide a valid government issued photo identification and social security card.
The winner will also be required to sign a liability and publicity release giving WFXV/WPNY/WUTR and the other Sponsors permission to use his or her name, picture, portrait, likeness and voice in any media known or unknown for publicity purposes connected with this promotion without additional authorization or compensation. All entrants further acknowledge that WFXV/WPNY/WUTR may provide winners’ names to the other Sponsors providing prizes to verify contest execution. Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s) and the winner(s) may receive a W-9, IRS form 1099, or equivalent from the Sponsors. WFXV/WPNY/WUTR will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsors in order to receive their prize(s).
Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or safety. Acceptance of a prize releases WFXV/WPNY/WUTR, its sponsors and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
WFXV/WPNY/WUTR is not responsible for defective prizes. Other terms and conditions of the tickets, certificates, or passes may apply.
7. Limitation of Liability and Other General Conditions:
By entering and/or winning, entrants agree to hold harmless and indemnify WFXV/WPNY/WUTR, the Sponsors, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) contestant’s participation, or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
All license and registration fees, travel costs, gratuities, and other incidental costs are the sole responsibility of the winner. WFXV/WPNY/WUTR is not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are canceled. All cancellations are deemed beyond the control of WFXV/WPNY/WUTR. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. WFXV/WPNY/WUTR is not responsible for any expenses incurred by contest winners as a result of such cancellations.
WFXV/WPNY/WUTR reserves the right to make changes to these rules and to any contest and prize at any time and WFXV/WPNY/WUTR reserves the right to cancel any contest at any time for any reason. All changes will be broadcast on WFXV/WPNY/WUTR and posted on cnyhomepage.com. By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of WFXV/WPNY/WUTR.
In the event of any dispute regarding the contest or rules, the decision of WFXV/WPNY/WUTR’s management will be final.
8. Winner List: To obtain a list of winners once the contest ends, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within two weeks of the end of the contest to:
Attn: John Mellencamp Ticket Giveaway
5956 Smith Hill Road
Utica, NY 13502
9. Copy of Rules: A copy of these rules and any contest winners may be obtained during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30AM until 5:30PM at WFXV/WPNY/WUTR. To be removed from a mailing list, send a request to:
5956 Smith Hill Road
Utica, NY 13502
PO BOX 9003
Lawrence, KS 66044
5956 Smith Hill Road
Utica, NY 13502