UTICA, N.Y. (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY) – Join, renew, or donate! The Oneida County History Center 17th Annual Telethon presented by the Bank of Utica is Wednesday, May 18, 2022, from 5:00- 8:00 p.m. and will be broadcast live on WUTR-TV and stream on CNYHomepage.com. The telethon is the History Center’s signature fundraising event of the year and highlights the importance of local history and the community partnerships that make implementing the History Center’s mission possible.
The 2022 goal is to raise $35,000 to support the organization’s mission to protect and preserve Central New York history for present and future generations. Viewers can call 315-735-3642 during the event to join, renew, or donate to show their support. The first 40 callers to pledge $50 or more will be eligible to receive a limited-edition, History Center travel mug and bag of Utica Coffee. This special giveaway is sponsored by Oneida County Tourism, Utica Coffee Roasting Company, and Proforma.
The History Center is funded by private sources and relies on donations as a primary source of income. Pledges received during the 2022 telethon are vital to the organization’s success and directly support ongoing operations and strategic initiatives including:
• Free monthly, public programs including in-person talks, virtual lectures, and history-themed story hour for kids
• Rotating exhibits in the History Center’s 5,000 square foot gallery
• Preservation and care for growing archival, artifact, and genealogical collections
• Free access to the research library for students and low-cost access for non-members
• Internship opportunities for high school and college students to gain hands-on experience
• Educational outreach to area schools, community organizations, and businesses
The History Center staff, volunteers, and board of directors would like to thank the following organizations, businesses, and individuals who have already pledged their support for the 2022 telethon.