The cause of death of the three people who died during the structure fire at 11 Osborn Avenue in the Town of New Hartford this past Saturday has been released.
According to the preliminary autopsy reports, Jordan Morinitti, 3, Joshua Morinitti, 7, and Jennifer R. Moore, 21, all died from smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide toxicity due to the residential fire.
All three were trapped inside the house when it caught fire. The cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental in nature with an origin in the area of an electrical appliance located in the northeast corner of the residence along the exterior wall. According to officials the fire was consistent with a failure in an electrical appliance.