Love buffalo chicken wings? Then these burgers are right for you. Perfectly flavored, you'll be amazed at the uncanny similarity between this dish and a popular appetizer. So, break out this recipe out for your next cookout.
Prep Time: 12 minutes Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes Yield: Makes 4 burgers
• 1 pound ground chicken breast
• 2 green onions, finely chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic minced
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
• sliced tomatoes
• sliced red onion
• 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup hot or mild buffalo wing sauce
• Combine ground chicken with green onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and white pepper. Make into 4-5, 1/2 inch thick patties. Place onto a greased baking sheet and spray tops of patties with cooking spray to prevent sticking on the grill.
• To make the buffalo sauce burger topping, combine mayonnaise and wing sauce using an immersion blender or food processor. Done by hand, the mayonnaise will oft time leave clumps. Once mixed through, set aside or place in refrigerator if making ahead of time.
• Preheat grill for medium high heat. Place patties onto grill and cook for 8-9 minutes per side. During the last few minutes of cooking, toast buns on grill. Remove patties and toasted buns from grill, assemble, top with buffalo chicken sauce, crumbled blue cheese, lettuce, and tomato slices.
Apothic 2010 Red
GOES GREAT WITH BURGERS!
The brambly spice of Zinfandel, dark fruit flavors of Syrah, the bold notes of Cabernet Sauvignon and the smooth elegance of Merlot unite to create this captivating red blend.
Apothic Red reveals intense fruit aromas and flavors of rhubarb and black cherry, complemented by hints of mocha, chocolate, brown spice and vanilla. The plush, velvety mouthfeel and the smooth finish round out this intriguing, full-bodied red blend.
ON SALE FOR $8.99! Compare at $11.49